[cgiapp] Re: Unexpected variable persistence with CAD / CADS

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 06:41:57 EDT 2008

George Hartzell wrote:
> If you add a 'use Foo::Dispatch;' up near the top of your foo.pl
> instance script, it'll run under CGI::Application::Server (although
> there seems to be something goofy with the dispatch table that keeps
> it from doing what it should, but at least the server part works...).

Yep, that did it - many thanks. And fortunately CA Server isn't
afflicted by the params persistence problem.

Having to declare the dispatch class is probably the right behaviour -
CAD::Server doesn't seem to require it so I didn't notice it was missing
when I modified my server script to use CAS instead of CADS. Also a
trawl of the archives should have turned up your original notification
of the problem.

My starting point for trying to work with an unfamiliar perl module is
usually the documentation. Certainly the CAS synopsis doesn't help where
there are examples of 4 packages in the server entry_points(), and none
of them are use'd.
--

Richard Jones