[cgiapp] Re: ::Plugin::Routes (needs .htaccess?)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Oct 27 22:50:30 EDT 2008

> I am new to all this. Do I still have to muck with .htaccess or
> mod_rewrite to get this to work?

Robert,

That is a good question, and should be addressed in the docs.

Essentially the, the answer is the same as for either of the dispatchers.

You can do without .htaccess and mod_rewrite, which means you are parsing
PATH_INFO right off a cgi script:

/cgi-bin/dispatch.cgi/app/user/edit

There's simply no way around it being a web-server issue if you
want to have a clean URI like:

/app/user/edit

The best we can do is to provide a ".htaccess" file for you, which should need
little or no modification.

http://mark.stosberg.com/blog