[cgiapp] Re: New Plugin: RunmodeDeclare

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Oct 21 13:11:10 EDT 2008

> > So, having had chance to have a play with it, I've run into a couple of
> > problems. First, all subclasses need to 'use
> > CGI::Application::Plugin::RunmodeDeclare' - it is not inherited from the
> > superclass as are all other CAP's. Attempts to run against a subclass
> > without the 'use CAP::RunmodeDeclare' causes a syntax error. Not a
> > problem as such, but seems odd.
>
> It's not object oriented, so there's nothing to inherit. It's no different
> from "use strict" in that sense.

I think Spiffy.pm allows this to happen, but I consider it a bit like voodoo,
and don't necessarily recommend it.

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .