[cgiapp] ($self vs $c) was: Re: New Plugin: RunmodeDeclare

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Mon Sep 29 09:14:43 EDT 2008

Richard Jones wrote:

> Actually prefer $c these days as a) it's shorter and therefore quicker
> and less easy to mis-spell (I seem to type slef more often than self),
> but more importantly, having done a lot of work with Catalyst recently,
> that's the Cat standard also, so it's familiar to me.

This actually came up in our discussions and we thought it would cause more confusion since in
Catalyst the $c is not $self. It's a different object entirely. So calling it $c in C::A land might
confuse the catalyst folks since it's really $self just shorter. Also, for folks playing with
Titanium (which btw, does not have a friendly abbreviation :) do you plan on still using $c? Or will
you go with $t?

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP