[cgiapp] Re: Patches available for ::Plugin::Routes (was: Re: New plugin idea based/inspired on CA Dispatch)

Porta julian.porta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 08:58:47 EDT 2008

Sorry for the delay.
I've noticed two things that I've been thinking the last days.

1. The plugin should be able to handle routes like
'/runmode/:term/:term/:term' ? My first thought was that it should
populate a array for the param 'term'. same applies for parameters
passed by GET and POST with the same name (I cannot imagine a good
reason for this, but completely possible)  Any ideas?

2. Another thought I had is that, registering runmodes on the fly will
cause those runmodes to not being available if there's no matching
route, which may happen is the routes table is missing or incomplete
or there's a error on the route itself and it doesnt match the url.
It's true that if no route matches and no runmode is declared by the
plugin, the application will fallback to it's default runmode and you
can debug there to see what happened.
Having the plugin registering runmodes on the fly it's nice, but I
wouldn't push too hard inviting users to not registering their
runmodes in the setup.

Thoughts?

Julian Porta.