[cgiapp] New CGI::App dev release adds 'html_tmpl_class' method

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Sep 27 00:25:47 EDT 2008

I've just uploaded a new preview release of CGI::Application to CPAN for community
review, version 4.19_1. The proposed changes are as follows:

[FEATURES]
- New 'html_tmpl_clas$' method allows you to specify an alternative
  HTML::Template class. This technique will eliminate the need to use
  a plugin for HTML::Template-compatible classes. See the docs
  for load_tmpl() for details.

  Thanks to Rhesa Rozendaal for the initial patch, and Mark Stosberg for
  documentation refinements.

[DOCUMENTATION]
- typo fix (George Hartzell)
- Revert back to documenting the use of "$self", not $c, after community
  feedback.

[INTERNALS]
- Change how default run modes are declared for better compatibility
  with AutoRunmode and RunmodeDeclare plugins. Thanks Rhesa via RT#39631.

###

Until the file is visible on CPAN, I'll host a temporary version here:

http://mark.stosberg.com/perl/CGI-Application-4.19_1.tar.gz

I'll plan to upload this code as a stable release in 3 to 4 days, assuming this
preview release receives neutral to positive feedback.

http://mark.stosberg.com/blog