[cgiapp] Re: Question | Poll - Preferred ORM.

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Sep 25 10:03:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:47:30 -0300
Porta <julian.porta at gmail.com> wrote:

> For all:
> Any preferred ORM? Class::DBI ? DBIx::Class? Rose ? Tangram? Something
> custom made? I'm missing anyone?
> Just curious.

Julian,

You'll find a good source of discussion on this topic in the archives.

I'm currently using DBIx::Interp (which you might call "No ORM").  I have my
eye on DBIx::Simple as a replacement, which also integrates with SQL::Interp.

This is not an ORM either, but just the sane, simple API that DBI should have
had in the first place.

I won't go into detail now about why I'm not using full ORM now, but I'll say
that over the last 10 years, this approach has worked well for our team to
develop with, to maintain and debug,  and to scale up.

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .