[cgiapp] Perl Certified Hosting

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:30:01 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Lyle <perlweb at cosmicperl.com> wrote:
> Perl Certified Hosting
>
>  The idea for this project was put forth by Amias of Bristol & Bath Perl
> Mongers. We are creating a Perl Certified Hosting scheme that will be open
> for all hosting companies to join.
>
> Requirements will include a set list of web related Perl Modules and proper
> webserver configuration.
>
> Please visit the site:-
> http://www.perlcertifiedhosting.com
>
> For more details and to get involved with helping this scheme become a
> reality.
>
> We'd like to at least have a representative from all the main web
> frameworks.

IMHO, once you have a nice list of modules that should be on the servers
make sure all the linux distros and FreeBSD that are the major flavors
used for for web servers provide those modules in their standard
packaging system.

Then you can go to the hosting companies and it will be trivial for them to
install all those modules regardless if they are written in C or not.

regards
   Gabor