[cgiapp] Problems using CAP::DBH with DBD::Sybase

Gurunandan R. Bhat guru at informationmatters.in
Wed Aug 27 12:17:35 EDT 2008

Friends,

    I am building an application with CAP::DBH and DBD::Sybase.

    Unfortunately DBD::Sybase implements ping()  that causes it to fail
if there is an active statement handle. I have tested this in a
stand-alone script without CGI or CA. DBD::Sybase::ping() works after I
have called finish() on all statement handles and fails otherwise.

    Since CAP::DBH implements lazy loading via a ping test to check an
existing connection handle before creating one, my app crashes.

    How can I work around this (broken? ping()) in DBD::Sybase.

I Really appreciate your help

Regards
Gurunandan