[cgiapp] Re: CGI::Application 4.10, Internet Explorer, Apache 2.2 : HTML Form submission issues

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Aug 16 19:57:42 EDT 2008

>  I am facing an issue with run mode defaulting on form submission. Just
> curious if someone has experienced a
> similar issue and have come with any solutions or workaround.
>
>   Problem :
>      Missing CGI parameters on html form submissions

I'm honestly not sure what your problem is, but here's a suggestion that
in my opinion improves the code, and may help.

In cgiapp_init, add this:

 $self->mode_param( path_info=> 1 );

Then in your form:

> <form action="" method=POST>
> <input type="hidden" name="rm" value="set_action"/>

You can move the 'rm' to the <form> action. I prefer this because it cleanly
seperates your data from directives to used to process it. So, the new code
could be:

> <form action="script.cgi/set_action" method=POST>

I assume you actually do reference some script in "<form action>". If you
actually do have it left as "", I wouldn't be surprised if that's related to the IE bug.

I have built websites with CGI::App using the technique I describe and haven't run into what
you describe (Although I've run into plenty of other IE quirks in web development!)

http://mark.stosberg.com/