[cgiapp] A CGI::App-based 'Contacts' database

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Sun Aug 3 18:41:19 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

(I know I've raised a similar topic before).

I've begun playing with a web-based contacts database, but I'm wondering
if anyone has done something similar.

This is effectively the same as a way of letting people share an email
address book via the web.

Obviously, no matter how generic anyone tries to make the design, there
will always be aspects which suit some people and not others.

Recently, I've offered help to 2 very small community groups facing this
issue, and I'm wondering what to recommend to them.

2 specific requirements they have are adding notes to records, and
tracking donations.

I'm aware of 2 relevant packages:

o http://www.donman.net.au/

o http://www.sugarforge.org/

with the latter having many spin-offs.

Feel free to make suggestions, even if they are not CGI::App-based.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html