[cgiapp] Things we talked about at YapcNA 08

Leonard Miller leonard at umn.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:00:08 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

My name is Leonard Miller (olegm on irc), and I gave a beginner's talk
on CGI::APP in Chicago, and I learned in at the CGI::App BOF, that there
were a number of things we needed/wanted to change about CGI::App.

While I am new to the project and this team, it felt that as a group,
some direction was needed, and some decisions needed to be made. I am
writing this, to prompt discussion for the direction and decisions.

One of the things we talked was to create a startup script similar to
Catalyst, that will get you working quickly with CGI::App. Along with
that, we were looking to create a bundle/package that would hold all
that CGI::App needs for a new installation.

I know that there was conversation on the listserv about
Module::Starter::Plugin::CGIApp, and I wanted to make sure that the
concerns of those who wanted the starter script were addressed.

The last the we came up with was to come up with a new/better name. I
have several names although they are not all mine, I would like to post
them here and start some discussion:
Spark
Titanium
Stimulus
Synergy
SWAP - Simple Web Application Platform
SWAF - ... Framework

Thank you for listening, please let me know what you think on these
issues. I will be away from the keyboard for the next two days, so I
will hear all  your comments on Sunday.

Leonard