[cgiapp] Re: Peer review request: weak reference patch for CGI::Application::Plugin::HTDot

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sat Jun 21 15:40:29 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 20:05 +0200, Rhesa Rozendaal wrote:
> Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > CGI::Application::Plugin::HTDot currently creates a circular reference,
> > by adding a reference back to the application object from the template
> > object, which is already referenced by the application object.
>
> Where do you have a reference to the template object? Aren't your template
> objects local to the run mode?

<thinks>. Right. On second thought I don't believe they are connected
that way. That also supports my recollection that I tried using
"weakref" to fix the conflict with CGI::Session and it didn't work.

In any case, as a CGI::Session maintainer, the docs in several places
say to explicitly flush(), which is a fine solution to that problem.

At the time I had several hours on this debugging tour with the "Dot"
plugin, but perhaps I'll give it a second try now.

Rhesa: Since you've used it for quite some time how, how have you liked
it?