[cgiapp] Re: CAP::ValidateRM install failure

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed May 7 09:50:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, 07 May 2008 07:59:24 -0400
Robert Hicks <sigzero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexandr Ciornii wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > It seems that HTML::FillInFrom fixed a bug in 1.07 and tests relied on
> > incorrect behaviour. So skipping this test should be ok.
> > I have provided more information here:
> > http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=35056
>
> I "forced" it and it still won't work for me (I am on OSX Leopard).

I took the advice about FillInForm and released a 2.2 version that requires
a newer version. In the new version, the tests are failing on every platform.

I suspect the behavior of a different dependency changed (because ValidateRM
didn't change, and the tests started failing). Perhaps CGI.pm?

It's a matter of tracking down the changed dependency and then updating the
tests or requiring a newer version as appropriate.

Perhaps all the CPAN testers are using the default CGI.pm that's provided
instead of a newer one, since we don't explicitly require a newer one.

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .