[cgiapp] Pre-Announcement and Help Request

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Apr 17 04:15:58 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

I'll soon release CGI::Application::Bouquet, which uses Rose::*
(including Rose::DBx::Garden), CGI::Application and
CGI::Application::Dispatch.

A Bouquet of Roses, get it :-))?

And yes, it's a CGI::Application version of Rose::DBx::Garden::Catalyst.

As yet it treats the database as read-only, so my code is a search
engine tailored to a specific database, but has no update facility.

I'm interested in your thoughts on paging. There are 2 paging modes in
use:
(1) Using Rose::DB::Object::Manager
(2) Using  YAHOO.widget.Paginator (see http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/ )

Since there will be no universally appropriate page size, I plan to put
defaults for both these modes in the text config file which is part of
the design, in order to help the user avoid overloading their client.

So, if you have any experiences with these matters, let's hear about it.

ron at savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html