[cgiapp] RFC: Module::Starter::Plugin::CGIApp

Ricardo SIGNES perl.cgiapp at rjbs.manxome.org
Tue Mar 25 20:07:58 EDT 2008

* "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> [2008-03-25T14:28:20]
> Module::Starter is not as extensible as it could be.

So true! :(

> I filed one bug about it already.  I was going to wait till I could offer
> some kind of patch before filing more.  I would also like to see the ability
> to add options to the module-starter command line application.

I'd like for module-starter to use App::Cmd.  I don't have many tuits lately,
though.

> But it is possible I haven't fully understood how to go about extending so
> if you have suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

For simple things like "make a dist with different templates" the only thing
that needs to change should be the template store.  You want to say, "Instead
of using my normal templates, use the ones HERE."

Making that possible should be easy, probably with --opt templates=STORE or
something being added.

--
rjbs