[cgiapp] cgiapp with Net::Server

Mark Fuller azfuller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 10:07:10 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Ron Savage <ron at savage.net.au> wrote:
> Hi Torsten

Ron, Torsten emailed it to me yesterday. What I found is that it
doesn't work with N::S's PreFork "personality." But, it works fine
with the "Fork" personality. So, it has something to do with how N::S
creates (and maintains) some children.

The next thing I found is that the environment contains the correct
runmode. But, the C::A instance thinks it's a different run mode. You
can add something to his webApp.pm to dump the environment and you'll
see it has "rm=1" even though the method for runmode 2 is being
executed.

I was going to dump the query object and then discovered, if I do "my
$q = $self->query()" anywhere in webApp.pm, the problem disappears.

So, it seems like cgi.pm is persisting. But, I don't understand how.
I'm to the end of my capability. If you can figure it out it would be
interesting to know what's going on.