[Bulk] Re: [cgiapp] ValidateRM and dynamic content

Todd W trwww at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 6 14:19:32 EST 2008

From: "Joshua Miller" <unrtst at gmail.com>
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Todd W <trwww at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> From: "John Spooner" <jspooner at liaison-intl.com>
>>
>> > I am using HTML::Template and CGI::Application::Plugin::ValidateRM.
>> > Page content is generated dynamically which works fine until a
>> > validation error occurs.  Unfortunately <err_<TMPL_VAR field_name>> is
>> > not valid H::T.
>> >
>> > In perusing the C::A email archives I see that the same issue has been
>> > brought up before (almost 3 years ago, but at least I know others have
>> > suffered the same fate).  Unfortunately there was no documented
>> > resolution.  Does anyone have any advice?
>>
>> I dont have anything for you other than you have reached the designed
>> limits
>> of H::T.
>>
>> My advice is to switch to TT (pretty easy, esp since you are already
>> using
>> CGI::App).
>>
> I'm currious... how would that work under TT? Wouldn't the dynamic field
> names cause the same issues for CAP:ValidateRM?

Just pure guesses here at what is trying to be accomplished, but I'm
assuming that the form is being built dynamically, hence the need to use a
variable to do lookups in to the validator (looking at the OP again, though,
I think my assumption is incorrect. It looks like he just needs a <TMPL_IF
NAME="err_field_name">...</TMPL_IF>), then I'd just use the same
hash/array/object(s) that was used to build the dynamic form to both build
the DFV profile and look up error messages in the template.

trwww