[cgiapp] ValidateRM and dynamic content

John Spooner jspooner at liaison-intl.com
Thu Feb 28 17:21:51 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am using HTML::Template and CGI::Application::Plugin::ValidateRM.
Page content is generated dynamically which works fine until a
validation error occurs.  Unfortunately <err_<TMPL_VAR field_name>> is
not valid H::T.

In perusing the C::A email archives I see that the same issue has been
brought up before (almost 3 years ago, but at least I know others have
suffered the same fate).  Unfortunately there was no documented
resolution.  Does anyone have any advice?

Here is the plea from the archives.  I am experiencing the exact same
problem:

Hi All

I'm writing a template for use with CGI:Application::Plugin::ValidateRM.
C::A::P::VRM expects every field that requires validation to have a =
matching
field with an "err_" prefix (i.e err_field_name).

My field names are dynamic, e.g.

<tmpl_loop name=3Dapplication_parameters>
<input type=3D"Text" name=3D"<tmpl_var name=3Dfield_name>" =
value=3D"<tmpl_var
name=3Dfield_value>
</tmpl_loop>

but I can't figure out the best way to specify the error field. =
Obviously=20

<tmpl_var name=3Derr_<tmpl_var name=3Dparameter>>=20

doesn't work

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks,

John