[cgiapp] Anomaly in CAP::Session

Cees Hek ceeshek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:11:20 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Brad Cathey <breadwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this has been discussed previously, but I can't kill a
>  session with:
>
>       $self->session_delete;
>
>  however:
>
>         my $session = new CGI::Session();
>         $session->delete();
>
>  works like a champ.
>
>  Am I missing anything?

That is odd, since if you look at the source you will see that the
first thing that a call to session_delete does is call ->delete on the
session object.  The rest of it is just dealing with cookies.

How are you checking to see if the session is deleted?  If you call
$self->session again as a test to see if it was deleted, then that
will just create a brand new session for you.  You need to look in the
session store to see if the session was deleted or not.

If you are sure it is a problem, then I will need to see a self
contained example that shows the problem before I can go any further
(preferably using the test suite).

Cheers,

Cees