[cgiapp] params, params, params...

Mark Knoop mark at rawcane.net
Wed Feb 13 18:29:54 EST 2008

> Having said that, I can understand you might want a variable whose value
> happens to come from one of several sources. I think such logic would
> fit in your super class, and be stored in CGI::App's param() cache,
> rather than inventing another (4th) location for such a cache. That 4
> alone tells you it's overkill.

Is it bad policy to add properties to the CGI::App itself?

eg saying

$self->{my_special_value} = 'SOME_VALUE';

instead of

$self->param(my_special_value, 'SOME_VALUE');

?

I guess it is bad policy otherwise the params method would not exist but it
would be useful to understand exactly why this is?

Cheers