[cgiapp] CGIApp Project Management

Mark Fuller azfuller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:06:59 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 5:25 PM, Joshua Miller <unrtst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Developing on a central server is nice for dmz'd db access, and it saves
> each dev from installing all the perl libs, apache, etc, on their own box
> (or vm).

There's also CGI::Application::Server (which uses
HTTP::Server::Simple). It works like Catalyst's development server. A
quick-and-dirty (local) HTTP server to develop at your desktop. If the
design isn't dependent upon Apache features, that might work well.

It has some dependencies on mechanize. I don't understand why. I used
HTTP::Server::Simple, stole some stuff out of C::A::Server (to
subclass H::T::T::CGI the same way C::A::Server does), and it worked
fine.