[cgiapp] Saving Data From Authentication Phase

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Tue Jan 8 13:42:59 EST 2008

adam at spatialsystems.org wrote:
> How can I save this hashref ( $users_hash_ref = $ad_auth->getUserInfo ) of user info and keep it in my Session for all requests where the user is logged in?

Isn't that the usual:

  # store it inside &my_login
  $self->session->param( ad_auth_userinfo => $ad_auth->getUserInfo );

  # use it elsewhere
  my $userinfo = $self->session->param( 'ad_auth_userinfo' );

> Here is some of my code:
>
> sub setup {
>
> 	#  setup authentication
> 	$self->authen->config(
> 		DRIVER => [ 'Generic', \&my_login ],
> 		STORE => 'Session',
> 		LOGIN_RUNMODE => 'login',
> 		POST_LOGIN_RUNMODE => 'main',
> 		LOGOUT_RUNMODE => 'login',
> 	);
>
> }

CAP::Authentication also has a authen->username method that you might be able
to use. It won't have all your AD info, of course, but it might be enough for
your application.

HTH,
Rhesa