[cgiapp] Adding Footer to Output

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Wed Jan 2 09:52:14 EST 2008

adam at spatialsystems.org wrote:
> I'm adding a footer and I'm using HTML::Template.  I'll be including a generic footer using TMPL_INCLUDE and pass the current year to the included footer for the copyright date.
>
> What's the best way to send this info without having to explicitly sending a TMPL_VAR for the year each time?  I'd like this to be automatic.

You can do this with a callback to 'load_tmpl':

     sub my_load_tmpl_callback {
         my ($self, $ht_params, $tmpl_params, $tmpl_file) = @_;

         $tmpl_params->{YEAR} ||= current_year();
     }

Setting up the callback can be done at several points, but I'd suggest doing
it inside setup() for simplicity:

     sub setup {
         my $self = shift;

         # other setup stuff
         # ...

         # set default params
         $self->add_callback('load_tmpl',\&my_load_tmpl_callback);
    }

Refer to the CGI::Application docs for more information on callbacks.

HTH,

Rhesa