[cgiapp] strategies for decoupling HTML::Template

Jason Purdy jason at journalistic.com
Mon Oct 22 08:41:07 EDT 2007

Late chime-in, but my vote: -1

I'm a strong H::T proponent (despite Cees' multiple attempts to sway me
to the dark side ;)), so I enjoy the coupling of functionality.

That's subjective, of course, so let me add something objective.  If it
were to become decoupled, I would have to go through all of my cgiapps
(there's gotta be >100 of 'em) and add a 'use
CGI::Application::Plugin::HTMLTemplate' line, just so my calls to
$self->load_tmpl, $self->tmpl_path, etc, work.

H::T is a simple and fast templating engine that enforces strict MVC,
too.  I just wish it would support a TMPL_VIRTUAL call[1]! ;)

- Jason

[1]: http://tinyurl.com/38c5sp