[cgiapp] Re: Class::MOP? Really?

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Oct 20 13:23:01 EDT 2007

* Ron Savage <ron at savage.net.au> [2007-10-20 09:55]:
> since that module recommends [1] Object::InsideOut, what can a
> beginner do but follow the advice :-))?

“It is highly recommended if a more full-featured inside-out
object builder is needed. Its array-based mode is faster than
hash-based implementations, but black-box inheritance is handled
via delegation, which imposes certain limitations.”

That hardly sounds like a blanket recommendation to me – _if_ you
need a more full-featured class maker; _but_ it has limitations
on inheritance.

I prefer Class::InsideOut precisely because it is *not*
“full-featured” and does *not* impose limitations on inheritance.

Regards,