[ArchEc] plagiat.pl

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Mar 1 08:44:59 UTC 2021

  I have been talking for 51 minutes now with two representatives of
  this company, copied here. I suggested they can use ArchEc data to
  mine it for plagiarism, and pointed them to the vault and plind
  data. They said they can't do without metadata.  I said they could
  construct a link from the handle in the plind, say to Econpapers.
  This is a problem because the plind data may refer to handles that
  are no longer valid. It's probably quite rare, but it still is an
  issue. This could only be addressed by archiving the metadata in
  WARCs, which is where I would like to go in the long run. I don't
  myself know how long RePEc web sites keep data for handles that
  drop out of RePEc.

  If they need fielded data I could potentially write a converter for
  them from ReDIF to whatever format they use, as a consultancy
  job. But a link to econpapers should do for now.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel