[AMF-talk] schemaLocation

Simeon Warner amf-talk@lists.openlib.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

Schema at
  http://amf.openlib.org/2001/amf.xsd
now validates with XSV and I think the elements matche the current
(incorrectly dated 2001-09-01) version of ebisu. There are a number
of places where the value restrictions are not as tight as ebisu.

I see there have been quite a few changes and I have attempted to work
through them all.

In text/serial, why change <title> to <journaltitle> when it is the
equivalent of <OpenURL:title>? Seems better to just say <title> and
<stitle> as used within OpenURL. Similary for your change to <issuedate>
instead of <date> (and cf <OpenURL:date>). In this section I think we
should use all the OpenURL element names even if we just import all the
types into our own namespace.

I see issupervisorof has been added in several places, what is the
motivation for that?

I'm still thinking about what it means to claim elements are equivalent to
various things in other schemas/schemes and then use them within a
different namespace and further qualify them with attributes. I am worried
that we are producing something that will be too complex to use correctly.

However, what we need now are some instance documents, preferably real
exmaples of how we intend to use this. I will try to come up with a few
and would welcome others...

Cheers,
Simeon.